How to buy goods and services for the University of Mississippi
1. Create a SAP Requisition and a purchase order will be issued for items over $5,000.00 and all services.*
2. Use the small purchase Procurement card for items less than $5,000.00.
3. Request for payment form only for:
- Entertainment expenses (meal & catering)
- Reimbursements only when purchase order or credit card unacceptable.
- University sponsored conference and meeting expenses.
- Gasoline credit card charges
- Petty cash reimbursements
- Medical expenses
- Approved moving expenses
- Related expenses of professional services processed on form 13
- Awards, fellowships and scholarships
4. Form 13’s (Services)*
General Dollar Values for Purchases*
- Purchases $5000 or less only require one quote
- Purchases from $5000.01 up to and including $50,000 require two quotes
- Purchases $50,000.01 and above require sealed bids
- State Contracts
- Express Products List
- Please be aware of the new Sole Source Purchases – Review & Approval Process . For questions, please contact Katherine Jones at 915-7450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Per IHL Board of Trustees Policy 707.01, Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) Board approval is required for all contracts that require a total expenditure of more than $250,000, all leases, and certain revenue contracts. For questions, please contact Katherine Jones at extension 7450. IHL Board of Trustees Policies and Bylaws (pages 125-126)