Welcome to Procurement Services
The Office of Procurement Services is committed to providing efficient, cost effective, courteous, and professional service to the University community and its suppliers. This will be accomplished in accordance with ethical practices.
Directions to Us
Click here for directions.
- New Requirements for Submitting Payment Requests Effective April 15, 2023
- This includes the revised Request for Payment Forms: Excel format, Excel format with additional account assignment lines, and editable PDF format.
- New Requisition Tips
- IT Purchases and Lifecycle Costs
- See our New General Information page for answers to general questions concerning Procurement Services.
- Be aware the new Mileage Rate for the use of a Personal Vehicle has increased from $0.625 (sixty-two and one-half cents) per mile to $0.655 (sixty-five and one-half cents) per mile effective January 1, 2023. Please use the New Travel Reimbursement Forms. Also, due to Rand McNally discontinuing their maps and directions webpage on September 15, 2022, Google Maps will be used to compute mileage between points.
- Effective May 17, 2022 – The COVID-19 Emergency travel waiver is no longer required.
- International Travel Approval Form– Updated 11/11/2021
- New meal reimbursement listing effective 10/1/2022
- The latest information concerning travel restrictions related to COVID-19, please visit the UM Coronavirus website .
- Note the new changed Enterprise contract ID.
- Be aware of the new in-state rental car contracts and out-of-state rental car contracts. Hertz is our vendor for out-of-state rental cars.
- News concerning Fisher Scientific Credit Card Payments.
- Be aware of the new Sole Source Purchases – Review & Approval Process
- See updated State Contract Vendor Information for Office Paper and other Office Supplies.
- Placing Institutional Orders for Apple Equipment Note that orders over $5,000 require at least two quotes, and orders over $50,000 require sealed bids.
- See New Approval of Prepayment for Goods or Services Policy
- Minority Vendor Information, including those minority vendors and products on State Contract as well as minority vendors registered with the Mississippi Development Authority. For assistance in utilizing these sites, please contact Procurement Services firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662-915-7448.
Purchasing procedures vary within the University community. The following links should provide you with the appropriate directions to take, while complying with the Laws of the State of Mississippi and University policies. More Information about Purchasing